Our digital rain sensor is available individually or combined with our other sensors.
- Rain sensor: Provides precipitation measurements throughout the year and knowledge about current and historic precipitation;
- Rain sensor combined with digital scale post: Provides precipitation measurements throughout the year and knowledge about current and historic precipitation combined with local water levels;
- Rain sensor combined with icy road station: Provides precipitation measurements throughout the year and knowledge about current and historic precipitation combined with local road temperatures;
The rain sensor can be placed in all environments regardless of weather and/or wind conditions provided that the distance to the closest tree is at least 10m to prevent clogging the rain bucket.
Rain sensor combined with other sensors
If you need to combine precipitation sensors with other sensors from HedeDanmark, we also offer a combined solution.See all our sensors
Solution developed in Denmark
The rain sensor has been developed and assembled in Denmark using proprietary hardware and standard components.
The objective of developing our own sensors is to be able to offer a reliable, easily accessible and affordable sensor solution adapted to the Danish climate, delivering valuable and valid data every 15 minutes 24/7. Their low cost price allows several recording locations enabling fine-meshed monitoring of water supplies into waterways and reservoirs. This provides the best possible basis of targeted action in relation to existing needs.
Who uses rain sensors? What are their applications?
Rain sensors are widely used in municipalities and utility companies in Denmark and are one of several Smart City solutions.
Examples of customer applications:
- To know the amount of rain water entering drains and sewers;
- To indicate whether forest roads are passable for heavy equipment;
- To monitor local precipitation;
- To assess precipitation impact on rivers, watercourses, rain water and overfall basins;
- To provide knowledge about precipitation required before flooding of wetlands and low-lying areas.
Rain sensor combined with digital scale post
- Provides knowledge about the relationship between precipitation and rising water in watercourses.
Rain sensor combined with icy road station
- Provides knowledge about whether the road is wet and therefore may become slippery when the temperature drops;
- Precipitation impact on drainage to rainwater grating/lines.
We have customers in companies and agencies:
We have customers in nature parks:
We have customers in municipalities:
We cooperate with municipalities throughout the country:
Technique used - the sensor:
- Delivers precipitation measurements in steps of 0.2mm as a digital NO/NC signal;
- Accuracy of +/-2%;
- Funnel opening 200cm2;
- Made in cast thermoplastics, called ASA;
- ASA is extremely resistant to UV radiation from the sun and is freeze-proof and heat-resistant;
- Delivered with a post so that the rain sensor is located at a height of 2m;
- Available combined with our other sensors.