The soil moisture sensor delivers measurements of the quantities of water available at the roots of plants, flowers and trees and converts this information into a work task to ensure correct watering based on local needs, depending on whether the season is dry or wet.
The soil moisture sensor can be placed in all environments regardless of weather and/or wind conditions and in watering bags, paved and open areas.
Our customers use the soil moisture sensor to replace the fixed annual wheels with waterings every 6 weeks or when the operating staff assesses that it is time to water again. This allows the user to see the available quantity of water in the local area in time and online or to leave monitoring to the system which will then set up response tasks for operations. By letting the system operate automatically, you will ensure fewer dried or soggy green areas and less young plantation.
Soil moisture sensor replacing the rain gauge
The sensor detects available water in the depth of soil where the roots are located and is then able to provide information about whether the water has infiltrated into the soil or drained off the top of the soil.Read more about our rain gauge
Solution developed in Denmark
The soil moisture sensor has been developed and assembled in Denmark using proprietary hardware and standard components.
The objective of developing our own sensors is to be able to offer you a reliable, easily accessible and affordable sensor solution adapted to the Danish climate, delivering valuable and valid data every 15 minutes 24/7. Their low cost price allows several recording locations enabling fine-meshed monitoring of water supplies into waterways and reservoirs. This provides the best possible basis of targeted action in relation to existing needs.
From DKK 2,998
Including the first year's subscription.
Who uses soil moisture sensors? What are their applications?
Soil moisture sensors are widely used in municipalities and by gardeners in Denmark and are one of several Smart City solutions.
Examples of customer applications:
- To ensure the correct amount of discharged water to make optimum use of the resources;
- To ensure that growth is not damaged by too much or too little watering considering whether the season is dry or wet;
- To replace current manual procedures with modern IT and digital monitoring using a PC;
- To act pro-actively and reduce the amount of rush work;
- To get alarms about low water contents before trees and shrubs are damaged by water shortage;
- To document where more or less action is likely to be needed in future;
- To reduce nuisance for people in areas having an increased need for new young plantation.
We have customers in companies and agencies:
We have customers in nature parks:
We have customers in municipalities:
We cooperate with municipalities throughout the country:
Technique used - the sensor:
- The sensor itself can be located at the watering bag, staking poles etc.;
- A 1-metre cable runs from the unit to the sensor;
- Easy to mount and may be moved when the area has been adapted or reestablished;
- Delivered as standard in environments with open areas and pavement/structures;
- IP67 certified but cannot be placed inside the watering bag;
- Approved for use in clay, gravel, topsoil etc.